Post World War II Movies

Where the main discussions take place.
Ricky Robinson

Re: Post World War II Movies

Post by Ricky Robinson » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:45 am

Yep, no doubt about it. But new movies just have massively bigger budgets and better equipment. That's why there's been so many remakes coming out in the past decade.

Becky Moore

Post by Becky Moore » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:53 am

I don’t know why they have revived everything else except The Gremlins. Judging by what was done for movies like Alvin and the Chipmunks, I think they could make a great movie.

David Hall

Post by David Hall » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:02 am

Sure, it seems easy enough to rehash something old and make it even better, but if you look at movies like the new Star Wars they basically remade the old movie with a terrible amount of fancy special effects to try make it look new and futuristic. I seriously think they could have done better even if they didn't change the script.

Kelly Miller

Post by Kelly Miller » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:13 am

I don’t think it’s easy to make a really fresh unique movie these days. The producers are just focused on making generic movies that everyone feels they need to watch because everyone else wants to see it.

Matt Wilson

Post by Matt Wilson » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:18 am

It’s also pretty hard to categorize movies now. At first you would be pretty sure you are watching something funny then suddenly it turns into a thriller somewhere in the middle.

David Hall

Post by David Hall » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:26 am

That really annoys me too. I remember watching that movie Hancock a while back and I wasn’t really sure the first part was relevant by end of the movie. It felt like I was watching two different movies just with the same people in it.

Jessie Harris

Post by Jessie Harris » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:32 am

:lol: :lol: LOL! After watching that movie my son said he felt like he just watched a great superhero movie and its boring sequel right after :lol:

Ricky Robinson

Post by Ricky Robinson » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:36 am

I don't know, it’s really hard to pick a side :? . On the one hand, you have great movies like the Lord of the rings movies and on the other, great movies from the past like Psycho.

David Hall

Post by David Hall » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:41 am

Is it alright to say the world kept coming up with great movies since coming back from war? :|

Matt Wilson

Post by Matt Wilson » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:49 am

Well, I guess before the war there was only a few movie studios and a few movies released each year. After the war more people were involved in the film industry and now new movies come out every other week.