Mariners manager

Where the main discussions take place.
yyys123

Mariners manager

Post by yyys123 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:37 am

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Salvador Perez picked a perfect time for his first pickoff of the season.The star catcher homered, then helped protect the lead by trapping Kyle Seager off first base in the eighth inning to lead the Kansas City Royals over the Seattle Mariners 5-3 Saturday.Perez hit a solo home run off the foul pole in the seventh that gave the Royals a two-run lead. Moments later, the World Series MVP made the defensive play of the game.With runners at the corners and one out, Perez threw down to first baseman Eric Hosmer for his 18th career pickoff.That was Hosmer, Perez said He gives me a sign and I throw the ball right to him. I think he knows more than me.In turn, Hosmer credited the catcher.Thats all him, Hosmer said. Just knowing hes behind the plate youve got to stay close to the bag at all times because hes so quick back there.The pitch takes him that way and he just throws it right back over there, just an unbelievable play and thats why Salvys the best. He changes the game, just completely took all the momentum away from them right there. First and third with one of their big hitters up, it was a huge play.Even Seager had to compliment Perez.You cant get picked off in that situation, but hes pretty special back there. But, I obviously got off too far.Edinson Volquez (8-8) gave up three runs and six hits in six innings.Kelvin Herrera pitched a perfect ninth for his first save since April 10, 2013.Wade Miley (6-6) gave up 10 hits. He left after Cheslor Cuthberts RBI single made it 4-3 in the sixth.Cuthbert also doubled and finished with two RBI.Seager hit his 18th homer, tying it at 3 in the fourth. Nelson Cruz added two hits for Seattle.TRAINERS ROOMRoyals: LHP Jason Vargas threw a simulated game and manager Ned Yost was encouraged by the progress he showed. Looked good, really good, he said. Three pitches, good changeup, fastball with life. Good breaking ball, good first step. Yost anticipates Vargas could make a return in September.ROSTER MOVEThe Cleveland Indians claimed LHP Tyler Olson off waivers from the Royals and will be sent to Triple-A Columbus. Olson was designated for assignment by the Royals on July 5.UP NEXTIn Sundays finale, former Royals draftee LHP Mike Montgomery (2-3) will get the start for the Mariners against RHP Dillion Gee (3-2). Montgomery was selected in the first round in 2008 and was part of the December 2012 trade with Tampa Bay that brought pitchers Wade Davis and James Shields to Kansas City. Probably cool for Mike, Mariners manager Scott Servais said. I know he was drafted by the Royals, was a high prospect there. The anxiety of going back and pitching against your friends, your teammates, your former teammates, but hes been away long enough now, I hope that its kind of gone away and Im sure hell give us a good effort. Colorado Avalanche Gear . Scott won the Australian PGA last week in his first event in Australia since winning the U.S. Masters in April. American Matt Kuchar, ahead by two strokes with four to play and even with Scott with one to go, double-bogeyed the 18th after taking two shots to get out of a bunker. Custom Colorado Avalanche Jerseys .B. -- The Baie-Comeau Drakkar took over sole possession of first place atop the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League on Thursday with their sixth straight win. https://www.cheapavalanche.com/ . The move comes after the Canadiens were approached by the Buffalo Sabres for permission to speak to Dudley - a former Sabres player and head coach. "The Sabres called for permission and I appreciate that, Im flattered, Dudley told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun of ESPN. Colorado Avalanche Pro Shop . In the response filed Wednesday to the complaint by 30-year-old Alexander Bradley, attorneys say the former University of Florida player is invoking his Fifth Amendment right that protects people from incriminating themselves. Avalanche Jerseys 2020 . Only three players drafted by NHL clubs were included on the Czech selection camp roster on Wednesday. Those players were Dallas Stars 2012 first-rounder Radek Faksa, Winnipeg Jets 2013 fourth-rounder Jan Kostalek and Phoenix Coyotes 2012 seventh-rounder Marek Langhamer. Shawn Barber Date of birth1994-05-27Birthplace Las Cruces (United States)Height191 cmWeight80.0 kgWorld Championships (1 medal: 1 gold)Pole vault: 1st (2015)Pan American Games (1 medal: 1 gold)Pole vault: 1st (2015)Pole vaults rising starAfter being crowned 2015 pole vault world champion in Beijing (5.90m), Shawn Barber has now set his sights on Olympic gold in Rio, where he will be looking to upset the favourite, French world record holder Renaud Lavillenie.The 22-year-old is one of Canadas top medal hopes for the Games. Born iin the United States, he followed in the footsteps of his father George, himself a talented pole vaulter.dddddddddddd. In 2014, he won bronze at the Commonwealth Games, before gold medals at the Pan American Games and the worlds in 2015.Though he can often be seen encouraging his rivals, Barber remains a fierce competitor. He kicked off his Olympic year by clearing 6.00m (a personal best) in January. ' ' '